Monday, September 1, 2008

Re: [BLUG] Amarok

Thanks for the advice.  I'm using exaile at the moment.  It does what I need it to do, but it doesn't look as pretty.  I read on the bug fix page for Amarok that they want to fix the bug for the stable release of Amarok 2.0.  I don't know why Amarok is such an epic fail on Mint.  I used it on Ubuntu just fine.  Also, did you have the problem where the font for the GNOME login fields for your username, password, and options fields (sessions, system, etc.) were huge?

-Steve B.

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 11:47 AM, jim marple <jimmarple@hotmail.com> wrote:
Steve Beckley wrote:
> I'm running Linux Mint at the moment and loving it. The one problem
> that I can't fix is that when I try to start Amarok, it logs me out. I
> get the initial Amarok load screen and then I get a black screen, then
> a black screen with lines of code, then the GNOME login screen.
> Synaptic says my installed version is 2:1.4.9.1-0ubuntu3+medibuntu1. I
> can't really seem to find any information about it on either Ubuntu or
> Linux Mint forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> -Steve B.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>
Steve long time mint user and my suggestion would be to get rid of
amarok. Your in gnome and its a kde application try looking at exaile.
There are alot of plugins for it too. I fought with it for a year or so
and gave up. or try the kde edition of mint 5 its pretty good.



See what people are saying about Windows Live. Check out featured posts. Check It Out!

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug


No comments: