Monday, September 1, 2008

Re: [BLUG] Amarok

Steve Beckley wrote:
> I've tried A LOT of distros. I liked Mepis a lot, but I liked a few
> others better. My favorites were Mandriva and Fedora but I couldn't get
> the sound to work (and yes I did try the obvious and turn the volume up
> on everything I could find).
>
> Another question:
>
> If I add another linux distro, do I need to add another swap partition
> or will the other distro recognize and use it?

Hmmm... Mandriva is KDE and Fedora is Gnome... but they're both RPM
distros. Me, I'm sold on debs. I'll make an exception for PCLinuxOS, but
only because it uses apt/Synaptic.

If you install another distro, the installer's partitioner should detect
your existing swap and set it up automagically. It's not necessary to
create multiple swaps.

--
Mark Warner
SimplyMEPIS Linux v6.5
Registered Linux User #415318

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: