Sunday, September 21, 2008

Re: [BLUG] New OS

Simón Ruiz wrote:
> Mark Warner wrote:
>>
>> And be prepared to get a call when the printer
>> they buy at Staples doesn't work automagically.
>
> Actually, IMHO, printing under Ubuntu is MUCH easier than printing
> under Windows.
>
> In Ubuntu I plug the printer in and BOOM! it's automagically set up
> for me. WooHoo!

That's been my experience in *most* cases, but....

Most recently, I set up a box for a "charity case" (friend of wife) with
PCLinuxOS. Wife went out and bought a new printer (HP, at my insistence)
to go with it. Came back with an All in One print/copy/scan gizmo.
Printing set up automagically, but the copy/scan function would *not*
work for nuthin'.

--
Mark Warner
SimplyMEPIS Linux v6.5
Registered Linux User #415318

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: