Sunday, September 21, 2008

Re: [BLUG] New OS

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Mark Warner <markwarner1954@att.net> wrote:
> Simón Ruiz wrote:
>> In Ubuntu I plug the printer in and BOOM! it's automagically set up
>> for me. WooHoo!
>
> That's been my experience in *most* cases, but....
>
> Most recently, I set up a box for a "charity case" (friend of wife) with
> PCLinuxOS. Wife went out and bought a new printer (HP, at my insistence) to
> go with it. Came back with an All in One print/copy/scan gizmo. Printing set
> up automagically, but the copy/scan function would *not* work for nuthin'.

Yowch.

Yeah, I haven't tried any MFCs in Linux, myself.

They're a pain even under Windows, so I avoid them.

There's got to be SOMEONE out there who's had SOME success though...

Here's a lead: <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HpAllInOne>

I sure the hplip package can be found on any distro.

> --
> Mark Warner
> SimplyMEPIS Linux v6.5
> Registered Linux User #415318

Cheers!

Simón

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: