Monday, June 8, 2009

Re: [BLUG] Debian PowerPC dicsc

I really thought you could also jigdo from any Debian-derived Linux
for any platform. The trick is that normally it defaults to your local
source mirror (from /etc/apt/sources.list), and you need it to do things
slightly differently when using another architecture.

This is what I would have offered to do, had you not found a solution.

The jigdo-lite stuff is amazingly simple for being so delightfully
useful. I think it'll basically work on any platform that has the
dependancies met.

Cheers,
Steven

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 01:17:44PM -0400, Kirk Gleason wrote:
> Actually I found the OS X jidgo stuff (google works better when
> things are spelled correctly -- when is someone going to develop
> an intent-based search engine anyhow? ;-), and the jigdo stuff is
> processing happily. Still no idea how long it will really take,
> but ...
>
> I was just figuring I would grab the small CD and get rolling today,
> and get my week started out with some debian PPC awesomeness.
>
> Thanks for the offer though!
>
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Barry Schatz <sorbetninja@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't mind leaving a download for 3 hours. I also live a block from
> the dsl central office. If you want, I can download it and then send it
> to you.
>
> -Barry
>
> Kirk Gleason wrote:
> > All,
> > Couple of questions:
> >
> > 1. Does anyone have a any debian PowerPC isos about? Something recent
> > would be awesome but by no means necessary.
> > 2. Does anyone know of a way to make jigdo work in OS X?
> >
> > It would appear that the debian PPC isos are not hosted on most of the
> > mirrors (or at least the ones that I have tried). I have found a
> > couple (from sweden I think), but it is gonna take me over 3 hours to
> > download the "business card" CD -- 67MB large it is. I tried a torrent
> > for a couple of of the isos as well, and no seeds for the PPC stuff.
> >
> > --
> > Kirk Gleason


_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: