Thursday, June 18, 2009

Re: [BLUG] Mac owner

You'll get no guff from me, Mark- my laptop (work-owned) is a Mabook
(currently running OSX and Windows 7), and I've supported Mac users as
part of my job for the last decade (off and on).

In some ways, Apple screwed up BSD. Things aren't always where they
should be and don't always behave how you expect them to behave (for the
BSD user, to an extent; let alone for a Linux user like me).

In other ways, they made a super-nice, super-friendly OS out of BSD.
I'm really pleased in general, and the hardware is pretty nice too. I
LOVE my multi-touch touchpad, and the magnetic power cord connector is
probably the best idea in laptops in years (OK, wi-fi aside anyway).

The minis are nice too. Definitely not a high-performer as Apple
hardware goes, but not bad either- it's a darn fine machine and looks
good in your living room (or conference room, as the case may be).
Pretty affordable (by Apple standards) too.

Cooley

Ana Greavu wrote:
> Hey! I resemble that remark!
>
> The minis are sweet little machines! Sleek, lovely, functional.
>
> A heavily groomed little prancing show-dog.
>
> Rather than the highly variable, hard-working, "I can do anything"
> border collie that a Linux computer is...
>
> Ana
>
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Mark Krenz<mark@slugbug.org> wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I bought a Mac Mini
>>
>> *ducks* (quack!)
>>
>> Seriously though, I've never owned any Apple computer before. I've
>> used them of course, but I think owning one will be interesting. No,
>> its not for my own desktop, its for Suso so that we can support Mac
>> users better and we also decided to use it for our conference room
>> computer.
>>
>> Anyways, its already been interesting to experience computers again in
>> a different way. The Mac is like a little box of happiness and to make
>> you a happy computer user. While Linux may make you a happy computer
>> user, the drive is different and the happiness comes for different
>> reasons. Like meditating, you can't see the happiness from the outside.
>> With the Mac, its like looking at a glowing orb.
>>
>> --
>> Mark Krenz
>> Bloomington Linux Users Group
>> http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
>> _______________________________________________
>> BLUG mailing list
>> BLUG@linuxfan.com
>> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>


_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: