Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Re: [BLUG] BLUG meetings topics?

All,
You know, something that I have been curious about recently, that
isn't necessarily Linux-related and is probably off-tpoic, is how to
live a more DRM free life. As I look around (work, home, etc) I see
people making decisions that they may not necessarily understand. As
an example, I am still astounding by people who think they like iTunes
for media management. I think it is about the worst tool I have ever
used for managing my collection.
But I digress. I watch my kids, who have iPods, and want to use
Macs; and I wonder what kind of monsters I have created. I recognize
why DRM is not in anyone's best interest (except may RIAA / MPAA), but
as far as educating someone on how to divest themselves of the
shackles of DRM I find myself woefully lacking.
Does anyone have anything interesting?

--Kirk
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Simón Ruiz <simon.a.ruiz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 12:57 PM,  <pd335@comcast.net> wrote:
>> On a personal note, I am interested in recording music and I would love to
>> be able to build a cost effective powerful system to run some of the free
>> DAW's out for Linux systems.
>
> Have you heard about the open source musician podcast?
>
> http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/
>
> I met one of these guys out at Ohio LinuxFest and started listening to
> their podcast; very cool stuff, if you're interested in studio
> recording, very educational.
>
> Simón
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>

--
Kirk Gleason

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: