Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Re: [BLUG] BLUG meetings topics?

Hello,

I am new to the group and I have just a little experience with Ubuntu. It is on a laptop my wife and I use to search the web as we hang out at home. No real heavy-hitting with it yet.

I am very interested in learning more about how Linux/Unix/GNU/Open Sourced operating systems are used in the real world. I work as a basic desktop and hardware support tech and I mostly deal with Windows environments but ,I know that networking positions deal more with unix and other os's so I am trying to spend some time learning more about other offerings.

On a personal note, I am interested in recording music and I would love to be able to build a cost effective powerful system to run some of the free DAW's out for Linux systems.

So, if you can cover how to more effectively use Ubuntu as a home laptop, recording software, and  more advanced usage but geared towards a entry level person, I would love to get out and go to a meeting!

 

Have a good day,

Patrick Davis

 

No comments: