Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Re: [BLUG] BLUG meetings topics?

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 10:21 -0500, Robert Freeman-Day wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Kirk Gleason wrote:
> > Install fest sounds like it could be a good time. Maybe
> > we can even throw the forgotten BSD (that would be NetBSD -- my
> > personal fav) on the list too.
> >
> > I am going to encourage my co-workers to take that survey, so that
> > Mark can get some good feedback.
> >
> > woot!
> >
> > --Kirk
>
> Too bad the NetBSD community did not like the idea of the live DVD
> project GNOBSD. I know there are other ways to do it, and other issues
> involved as well, but this really did look promising for newbies:
>
> http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20100201#feature

That was OpenBSD, not NetBSD. I like NetBSD for resource constrained
machines (Sun 3/60, DECStation 5000/120, etc) but on modern hardware it
is a little...um...old school for my tastes. Not that I'm a big fan of
eye candy, but my tinkering time is at a premium these days.

I never understood the appeal of OpenBSD with Theo at the helm...he's
kind of like anti-Linus, except without the goatee.

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAktoQuwACgkQup357T5MfTY17QCg0TjIIHo79QzQOPCumuYtXboM
> FWQAnR9yPEt+DeOynk9bzsf6HpZOOPDy
> =P5Uh
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug


_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: