Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Re: [BLUG] BLUG meetings topics?

Look into the program Audacity for recording and audio editing. It's
available on all the major platforms. If you're looking for something
heavier, check out Ardour. I haven't tried these out myself, but no time
like the present!

-Barry

pd335@comcast.net wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am new to the group and I have just a little experience with Ubuntu.
> It is on a laptop my wife and I use to search the web as we hang out
> at home. No real heavy-hitting with it yet.
>
> I am very interested in learning more about how Linux/Unix/GNU/Open
> Sourced operating systems are used in the real world. I work as a
> basic desktop and hardware support tech and I mostly deal with Windows
> environments but ,I know that networking positions deal more with unix
> and other os's so I am trying to spend some time learning more about
> other offerings.
>
> On a personal note, I am interested in recording music and I would
> love to be able to build a cost effective powerful system to run some
> of the free DAW's out for Linux systems.
>
> So, if you can cover how to more effectively use Ubuntu as a home
> laptop, recording software, and more advanced usage but geared
> towards a entry level person, I would love to get out and go to a meeting!
>
>
>
> Have a good day,
>
> Patrick Davis
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: