Monday, August 6, 2007

Re: [BLUG] Trying something new

>> what you stand for or question it. In the end, I'm for what works best,
>> not what I believe in.
>
>My thoughts exactly. Well... Concerning pperating systems anyway.

True... But, I also like being part of a competitive movement. In
the years before OS X came out it really seemed like Windows was the
ONLY kid on the block, and that just ain't right. That's about when I
started using Linux on my Desktop, even though in many ways Windows
was undeniably easier to use at the time. Having a large Linux
community encourages development, and Linux is much better now than it
was then. Ironically, so is Windows, and I do think this owes
something to a fear of Linux at MS. Throw OS X into the mix, and
we've got much healthier competition, even if the numbers haven't
shifted that much. In short, all three of these major OS types are
much better now than they were ten years ago, and in part that's
because they don't want to be obsoleted by the others.

So, yes to what works, especially in production environments. But
there's a lot to be said for diversity anyway.

David

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: