Monday, August 6, 2007

Re: [BLUG] Trying something new

On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 08:58:25PM +0000, Mark Krenz wrote:
> Anyways, its not often that I'm in Windows and so I have to stay in
> Windows for a few hours and work on other things. I forgot that its not
> all bad.

This reminds me, I have family that is quite easy to get along with...
during two hour intervals once a year. Any more than that, and it gets
hard to deal with.

It is surprising what you can put up with during small isolated occasions.

My 14 year old niece finally got tired of the frustrations of Windows
and asked me to install Linux. She has a few isolated programs that we
have not yet verified will run under Wine, so she is set to dual-boot
for now.

I set her up to be the administrator of her laptop, as it is safer to
be the administrator of your own Ubuntu machine than it is to be the
administrator of your Windows machine.

She is delighted with the games available, and pleased to know that the
product I recommended for her Ipod will allow her to copy MP3s
from her friends' Ipods.

It is finally getting to a point where Linux is more user-focused than
Windows. It more easily does what a user wants to do. Microsoft is so
focused on doing what the corporate world wants that they're ignoring
the end user.

Cheers,
Steven Black

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: