Tuesday, March 3, 2009

[BLUG] Contact at City of Bloomington IT Services Department

The City is advertising for a position that I believe I would be well
qualified for. It is a reposting of the same opening from a month ago,
for which I applied but was not selected for an interview.

http://bloomington.in.gov/documents/viewDocument.php?document_id=3452;

I may have an over-inflated view of my qualifications, and will concede
that my resume is thin when it comes to being able to document my skills
and experience. Nonetheless, knowing my actual real-world skills, and
with the experience I have in my current workplace as *the* go-to guy on
all things IT, I think this position would be a good fit and sincerely
believe I could contribute. Where I think I'm having trouble is getting
past the gatekeepers.

So, with apologies in advance if this is inappropriate for this list, I
thought I ask here if anybody here would be able to direct me to a
contact in the City of Bloomington IT department that I could get in
touch with directly. Of course, we would want to take this off-list --
my reply to is:

markwarner1954@att.net

Thanks in advance.

--
Mark Warner
SimplyMEPIS Linux v6.5
Registered Linux User #415318

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: