Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Re: [BLUG] Re: BLUG Digest, Vol 13, Issue 1

2009/3/3 David Ernst <david.ernst@davidernst.net>:
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 10:27:45AM -0500, Steven Black wrote:
>>My wife mostly likes Linux. Though when I set up her system I was still
>>using GNOME, and I think she'll like it better when she moves to KDE and
>>she won't be accidentally moving her taskbars around the screen all the
>>time. (The only reason I didn't do this already is due to the radical
>>changes happening in the KDE world. I figured I'd migrate her when it
>>has settled out.)
>>
>>Here's a fun fact: There's no way to lock the taskbars in GNOME.
>>(At least none in the GUI.) This means it is always subject to
>>click-and-drag moving them around the screen. I don't know why my wife
>>has the problem but she has quite a problem.
>
> Wow!  Exactly the same story with my wife!  Except that it's when
> she's using our shared computer (read: livingroom terminal), so my
> task bars get all mangled.  The computer in question is about to be
> retired, or I'd probably insist that we use separate logins if for
> this reason alone.  But, yeah, she really has a problem, doesn't know
> what she's doing that makes it happen, etc.  But it sure messes things
> up for me...

I've noticed the same thing when friends use my computer to check
their e-mail or something. Seems like a bug / feature request should
be filed...

--
Jonathan

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: