Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Re: [BLUG] still photos in a video project

Ah, yes, Picasa 3 and the like. I love the programs, but they are what they are for, and despite the many useful features of Picasa, F-spot, and others, they just don't make an honest to goodness movie presentation where I can control the features of each and every frame separately, and adjust sound tracks to properly fill the right spaces and so on. Hence my original email. But thanks for the suggestion at any rate - much appreciated.

I have also in the past tried to use Presentation-style software, but it has never quite been as polished and smooth as I need.

Matthew

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Lord Drachenblut <lord.drachenblut@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tuesday 03 March 2009 8:07:51 am Matthew Patenaude wrote:
> Hey guys!
>
> I made a DVD a while back on a friend's mac, using iMovie. It was easy to
> use, and I took a whole stock of photos and stuck them together, mostly
> using Ken Burn effects to give it a video like feel. I would like to do
> this in Linux (not only because I can't afford to buy a Mac). I have
> figured out Kino and used it with some video footage from my DV Camera.
> Works great, but lacks some of the features I would like. For example,
> can't use still photos, or at least I can't figure out how to get them into
> the program.
>
> Neither can PiTiVi, or Open Movie editor...
>
> Anybody know if Cinerella does what I am looking for? I also want multiple
> sound track options at least (which I notice several of the already
> mentioned will do, most notably, Cineralla). Cineralla looks like a good
> program; I just installed it. It does look like a steep learning curve, and
> looks very capable, but I don't see anything that suggests it can
> incorporate stills and do Ken Burns. Anyone know for sure?
>
> Maybe there is another way to do what I am looking for, and just haven't
> noticed or come across it yet...
>
> Thanks,
> Matthew


You might try looking at some of the photo managers. I think one of them can export a group of pictures into a video slideshow


Cheers
Lord Drachenblut



_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug


No comments: