Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Re: [BLUG] Re: BLUG Digest, Vol 13, Issue 1

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 10:27:45AM -0500, Steven Black wrote:
>My wife mostly likes Linux. Though when I set up her system I was still
>using GNOME, and I think she'll like it better when she moves to KDE and
>she won't be accidentally moving her taskbars around the screen all the
>time. (The only reason I didn't do this already is due to the radical
>changes happening in the KDE world. I figured I'd migrate her when it
>has settled out.)
>
>Here's a fun fact: There's no way to lock the taskbars in GNOME.
>(At least none in the GUI.) This means it is always subject to
>click-and-drag moving them around the screen. I don't know why my wife
>has the problem but she has quite a problem.

Wow! Exactly the same story with my wife! Except that it's when
she's using our shared computer (read: livingroom terminal), so my
task bars get all mangled. The computer in question is about to be
retired, or I'd probably insist that we use separate logins if for
this reason alone. But, yeah, she really has a problem, doesn't know
what she's doing that makes it happen, etc. But it sure messes things
up for me...

David
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: