Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Re: [BLUG] still photos in a video project

On Tuesday 03 March 2009 8:07:51 am Matthew Patenaude wrote:
> Hey guys!
>
> I made a DVD a while back on a friend's mac, using iMovie. It was easy to
> use, and I took a whole stock of photos and stuck them together, mostly
> using Ken Burn effects to give it a video like feel. I would like to do
> this in Linux (not only because I can't afford to buy a Mac). I have
> figured out Kino and used it with some video footage from my DV Camera.
> Works great, but lacks some of the features I would like. For example,
> can't use still photos, or at least I can't figure out how to get them into
> the program.
>
> Neither can PiTiVi, or Open Movie editor...
>
> Anybody know if Cinerella does what I am looking for? I also want multiple
> sound track options at least (which I notice several of the already
> mentioned will do, most notably, Cineralla). Cineralla looks like a good
> program; I just installed it. It does look like a steep learning curve, and
> looks very capable, but I don't see anything that suggests it can
> incorporate stills and do Ken Burns. Anyone know for sure?
>
> Maybe there is another way to do what I am looking for, and just haven't
> noticed or come across it yet...
>
> Thanks,
> Matthew


You might try looking at some of the photo managers. I think one of them can export a group of pictures into a video slideshow


Cheers
Lord Drachenblut


No comments: