Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Re: [BLUG] Multitracking

I know that when I first started playing with Ubuntu, I was a pretty
big fan of Photoshop.

Opening up GIMP and looking at its interface was baffling to me. Even
simple tasks took me a while to perform, so at first I just switched
to Windows to use Photoshop. The more I got into Ubuntu, the less I
felt like going into Windows, so I one day I decided I would stop
using Photoshop and just use the GIMP so that I could get to the point
where the GIMP's interface was familiar.

After a while of playing with it and getting to know it, that's
happened; I love the GIMP now, and I don't miss Photoshop one bit.

I don't know anything about Ardour, so I can't help with that; I just
thought maybe this little story might hold some encouragement for
those about to embark on the journey of learning a new tool. :-)

Simón

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Matt Zink <matthewzin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Glad to hear it, Jim. I sometimes fear that I'm turning BLUG into my own
> personal support team. I hope I'm not giving that impression. I am looking
> forward to multitracking on the Ubuntu side of things - although I seldom
> use the XP side of any of my machines, I feel I'm getting closer to blowing
> XP off my computers completely. Of all the tasks, getting Ardour up and
> running looks like it is among the more daunting. We'll see . . .
> Thanks - sound off if you know anything about setting up this program.
> Matt
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>
>

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: