Friday, June 5, 2009

Re: [BLUG] Apt-get vs Aptitude

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 05:32:10PM -0400, Kirk Gleason wrote:
> I installed Fink on OS X before it had any apt-ability. dselect was it, and it
> was not fun (almost made me wish for RPM).

You're not the only person who didn't enjoy dselect. I was comfortable
with it, personally. In fact, only recently (~2-3 years) did I stop
using it.

It took me a little while to get used to aptitude. Once I got used
to it, I found I like it much, much better. I've spent a lot of time
dependancy surfing, whether it is to try another tool using a common
library, or it is to remove everything that uses a GNOME library... I,
perhaps perversely, find it a lot of fun.

--
Steven Black <blacks@indiana.edu> / KeyID: 8596FA8E
Fingerprint: 108C 089C EFA4 832C BF07 78C2 DE71 5433 8596 FA8E


_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: