Friday, June 5, 2009

Re: [BLUG] Apt-get vs Aptitude

On Friday 05 June 2009 5:07:33 pm Steven Black wrote:
> The big thing is:
>
> apt-get is depricated. It isn't recommended anymore.
>
> aptitude functions nearly identically with near-the-same command line
> parameters.
>
> In the future, apt-get may well disappear, so you can get used to it not
> being there now.
>
> apt-get is ancient, dating back to the dawn of the APT system. It
> doesn't do a number of things as well as aptitude (which is actually
> configurable when it comes to handling Suggested/Recommended packages).
>
>
> I'm old enough to remember the days when all we had was 'dselect'.
> I think I'm one of the few, though.


I have seen once or twice before in the past that aptitude will find less packages than apt-get.


Cheers


--
PGP e-mail is welcome! Get my 1024 bit signature key from:
<http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x00D1EABB>

No comments: