Friday, June 5, 2009

Re: [BLUG] .ppc (was Laconica, Enlightenment, and LFS)

I like the sounds of that. I always found the BSD kernel easier to configure and compile than the linux kernel. I can't tell you how many Gentoo kernels I botched up back in the day. I did force me to leanr how to use lilo effectively though...

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Barry Schatz <sorbetninja@gmail.com> wrote:
Kirk Gleason wrote:
> I know is this is a LUG (versus a BUG), so flame away if you want ...
>
> Have you ever run NetBSD on a PPC? Server-wise I found it to be far
> superior than linux (I was comparing it to Gentoo). It is (or at least
> was) a real hassle to install.
>
> --Kirk
>
I have a box running Debian kFreeBSD. Not the same thing, I know, but
still fun to learn. The userspace is still GNU, but anything hooked into
the kernel is BSD. Package management is still Apt and Dpkg.

-Barry
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug



--
Kirk Gleason

No comments: