Friday, June 5, 2009

Re: [BLUG] .ppc (was Laconica, Enlightenment, and LFS)

I tried to install YDL on an XServe G4 a while back, and the installer would kernel panic. I did try Ubuntu as well (back when their PPC stuff was pretty up to snuff), and I had problems with the media.

I will be trying again, because all of my XServes are PPC based (for now) and OS X support for that architecture will officially be dead when 10.6 comes out.

I think I can still get some use out of the things, but man are they old. One of those might actually make a great linux based DMS ...


On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Beartooth <beartooth@beartooth.info> wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Steven Black wrote:

[....] (Speaking of which, if you have PPC Macs, Debian may be one of the last Linux distros which actively supports them. I found the Debian support better than the "community" Ubuntu support last I tried it.)

       You can get Fedora 10 at

http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-ppc ; and I haven't checked, but YellowDog is probably still around -- Fedora with an Apple interface.

--
Beartooth Implacable, Curmudgeonly Codger Learning Linux
On the Internet, you can never tell who is a dog --
supposing you care -- but you can tell who has a mind.
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: