Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Re: [BLUG] What have you done with Linux lately?

Quoting Barry Schatz <sorbetninja@gmail.com>:
> My current adventure is upgrading my tower (desktop) to Kde 4.2.
> -Barry

I think this question is a ways out in left field, but we're on the
topic of desktops, and this is something I've been wondering.

Does anyone have settings in their window manager/desktop so that it
doesn't raise a window when the window gets focus? In other words,
whichever window's on the top stays on top even if you go and click on
another window or start typing in another window.

I have that set up in my window manager right now and have kind of
gotten used to it. The window manager I'm using right now is fvwm. I
originally thought it would be fun to learn and customize for the heck
of it but I do it rarely enough that in the gaps between doing it I
forget what I've learnt so I haven't gotten very far. I'm thinking of
trying out one of the big desktops, but was wondering about this
doesn't-raise-on-focus feature.

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: