Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Re: [BLUG] What have you done with Linux lately?

Quoting Barry Schatz <sorbetninja@gmail.com>:

> Gillis, Chad wrote:
>> Quoting Barry Schatz <sorbetninja@gmail.com>:
>>> My current adventure is upgrading my tower (desktop) to Kde 4.2.
>>> -Barry

>> Does anyone have settings in their window manager/desktop so that it
>> doesn't raise a window when the window gets focus? In other words,
>> whichever window's on the top stays on top even if you go and click on
>> another window or start typing in another window.

> Officially, it's called "Focus stealing prevention" and it's an option
> in most major window managers. I couldn't tell you where to find it, but
> it should be there. Well, I can find it in Kde, but only because that's
> what I use. I'd be happy to help you get set up on one of the heavy
> desktop environments if you like.

Okay thanks. That'll make it easier now that I know what term to
google. Thanks for the offer for the help too. Since I'd have more
than one window manager installed, I can foresee maybe some
difficulties on telling X which one to use. In my ~/.xsession, the
final command is "exec fvwm". Maybe it's just a matter of changing the
fvwm in that line to something else, and back again if I want to switch
back?


_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: